Skip to content


The Christ the King church is located at Krunska street 23 in the municipality of Vračar. On the south side, the garden area is connecting it to the building of Archdiocese of Belgrade.


The Church of Christ the King is the oldest Catholic church of the Belgrade Archdiocese. On the south side, the church is connected by a garden to the building of the Belgrade Archdiocese. The original church dedicated to St. Ladislav by the architect Jovan Ilkić, it was reconstructed and expanded in 1926 according to the project of the Russian architect Aleksandar Bunin.

Then the organs were purchased, the first in Serbia, which are still in use today.


In the 60ties in 20th century, a reconstruction was carried out with the aim of adapting the space to the new liturgical regulations. Until 1988 it served as a cathedral, and today it is a church that has services for the international community of Catholics.


The church is a three-nave basilica in the style of Romanticism. In the side aisles are the side altars, above which are the statues of the Virgin in the the north nave and St. Joseph in the south one.


In the apse there is a large mosaic of Christ the King, surrounded by symbols of the seven sacraments.



Stained glass windows depict scenes from the life of Jesus, the Virgin Mary and religious life. The reconstruction was made by the Italian artist Augusto Ranochi.

The mosaic is also placed in the lunette above the portal of the church.